Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Green Thumb



I don't do gardening. That is not to say I cannot do it, I rather not. My lawn will be in good shape and I can fight the pests that attack it. I can take care of shrubs and I have a great sense for prunning: plants not only look great but decide to go gigantor after I prune them. And I love trees just not fruit-producing ones. I guess I like low maintenance gardening.

Then we have spices & herbs. I love to cook and enjoy the use of herbs fresh off the plant. But besides basil, I have a horrible time keeping the darn things alive. I've been fighting for the last 3 months with habaneros, coriander and parsley to no avail. The darn things die on me no matter what. I went as far as try to raise them from seeds and, after they tease me showing an inch groth, they go kevorkian on me.

To add insult to injury, my Mother in Law came to stay with us 3 days ago (No M-I-L jokes necessary, she is a wonderful lady and I love her to death) and after three days she resurected the zombie plants better than anything you can buy at a store.

I swear you can give that woman a broomstick and she'll get you roses within a week. You gotta admire a green thumb.

No comments: